If You’re feeling Burnt Out….Sleep won’t fix it.
The 7 types of rejuvenating rest you need – findings are by Dr. Saundra Dalton Smith, a physician, researcher, author and speaker.
The 7 types of rejuvenation rest you need are –
Let’s look at how to rejuvenate oneself on each of these dimensions…
Overtaxing your mind leads to a shortfall in mental rest.
• List your to-dos
• Take a break from problem-solving
• Make a shutdown routine to keep work and life separate
Your body loses energy from a lack of sleep and overtraining.
Incorporate both passive and active forms of physical rest:
• Sleep 7/8 hours a night
• Take short naps
• Have a massage.
• Use a desk and an ergonomic chair.
Embrace something greater than yourself.
• Engage in faith-based pursuits
• Work in a career that’s purpose-driven
Analyze your relationships.
• Schedule alone time
• Spend more time with those who energize you.
• Spend less time with those who drain your energy.
Emotional rest deficiency sets in when you don’t feel like you can be real.
People who work in retail are expected to smile and behave despite rude customers.
Spend more time with people you can be authentic with.
The average person is overstimulated.
• Limit video meetings,
• Turn off notifications (audio and visual alerts),
• Take a vacation from social media,
• Create a calm environment for the evening (soothing music, candles, etc.)
Appreciate beauty in any form, whether natural or human-made:
• Take in a sunrise or sunset
• Go for a walk in nature
• Visit a museum or art festival
• Engage with inspiring music, books, documentaries, etc.
Tweeted by @danmurrayserter
Who has interviewed 150+ of the top business leaders on earth in one of Europe’s top business podcasts: Secret Leaders