The never ending flight, either that of pracharak within India or that of finding self-redemption in the eyes of the external world, crash landed this afternoon and our much ‘beloved’ PM had to eat an humble pie. In the last couple of months, it looked like the invincible Narendra Modi, forgot most of the things that he mastered during the bhashans of development he professed during the Lok Sabha elections! He surprisingly veered towards personal attacks and character assassinations, left the real leadership in lurch and foisted external leadership for short-term gains, demoralized the charged army…… I never expected such a series of ill-thought actions from the leadership of a Nation!!
The compelling verdict that the world witnessed in the last twenty four hours, of the Delhi elections, made me relive the last 18 months – from the run up to last Delhi elections, the coronation of @narendramodi, the Lok Sabha elections, the last nine months of Modi as PM of India, this Delhi elections and now the results.
I introspected at the intentions, the behaviour, the compulsions, the actions and the outcomes, and thought of the fundamental tenets that are integral to my own journey. I revisited those important lessons of life, that imbibed the values that are very dear to me. I have always been positive in my writings, but to give emphasis here, I am compelled to start every point with a double negativity… –
- I will NEVER belittle anyone! Every human being is special and has unique strengths. I will continue to be a good observer, learner and incorporate every good behavour and practice in my journey. Being a good human being is of utmost importance.
- I will NEVER Spew Negativity! I will always talk positive, infuse energy, contribute to and facilitate each and every person around me. I will talk to the concerned person, directly and share my thoughts and feelings, rather than sharing with someone else.
- I will NEVER ill-brand anyone; issues or opinions may warrant confrontation! I will see only positivity in every human being! I will convert the positive energy in every individual to create a compelling force for growth and prosperity of communities and nation.
- I will NEVER lose sight of my vision! I will focus on developmental agenda to enable – myself, my family, my team, my community, my nation – to excel. Will create the agenda with active participation of every member thus involved.
- I will NEVER be short-sighted! I will be constructive on challenges that everyone around is facing and make sure that we all together work in overcoming them.
- I will NEVER disrespect beliefs of anyone! I will respect every faith and every community; we together will create a nation and a world of immense possibilities, immense value for generations to come.
- I will NEVER take short-cuts and foist leadership ! I will work towards identifying leadership potential from within the organization; support, empower and enable the concerned to realize that potential.
- I will NEVER demoralize my team! My endeavour will always be to empower the team, to keep the morale high to conquer the impossible!
- I will NEVER shut the door on opponents! I will always encourage and promote criticism; each and every critique is a pointer for me to introspect and become a better human being.
- I will NEVER be arrogant! I will remain humble, whatever I achieve. I will constantly strive to be better. I have so much more within me to realize – the potential is infinite.
Looking forward to an exciting journey ahead, of realizing that infinite potential within and that of the nation!
I thought of rewording my previous article to write this article, with Modi as the central character, just to see how does this title evoke response!