I have had the honor of moderating an interactive and engaging session with Law School Aspirants featuring the Legal Education Expert Mr. Sachin Malhan. Sachin is an alum of NLSIU; Founder LST, Rainmaker and Inclusive planet – each a path breaking effort in their respective spaces of legal education, professional facilitation and social inclusion; Sachin is the Executive Director (world wide), of Ashoka Changemakers one of the initiatives of Ashoka, a top-5 non-governmental organization in the world.
About the interactive session.
Sachin Malhan, a luminary in legal education, engages the Law Schools Aspirants in his inimitable style. Sachin shares rare insights into legal profession and its immense possibilities.
The interaction encompasses all of the following –
· Sachin talks about law school experience as a student at NLSIU
· “MY JOURNEY” – Sachin talking about his journey of life – as an aspirant of law and law professional
· Secrets to do well in CLAT
· How to become better in Verbal section of CLAT?
· How to overcome fear? How to believe and succeed?
· How National Law Schools differ from other law schools?
· Is it worth dropping a year to prepare for CLAT?
· On RIGHT Hardwork and WRONG Hardwork
· Specializations a lawyer can pursue
· Career Perspectives and Opportunities as a lawyer
· Why Learner mindset is key to success
· Three values to inculcate – Learning, Courage and Humility
· Significance of General Awareness; importance in CLAT
· How to get insights into your readiness to crack the CLAT?
· Corporate Law and business; on private law schools
· Indian Law school education Vs Global Law Schools
· Is it worth to look at global law schools? Cost implications
· Criminology and prospects
· International Law and perspectives
· Media and Law
· Challenges in setting up one’s own practice; life in a law firm
· Is Law education of any value, if one doesn’t want to take up practice?
· How important is to remember the cases, articles etc that lawyers rattle out
· Difference between the regular 3 yr grad + LLB and Integrated Law programs
· Does legal education stoke creative capability
· A day in a National Law School
Kindly go through the entire interaction and also share your feedback here. Thanks