I keep abreast with the happenings around the world, through every day reading. It is a passion; you may even call it addiction. Even during my days at IIM Bangalore, when the whole class was busy with accumulating grades, I use to gorge on magazines that dished out exciting stories and happenings, including from business world.
This is the crunch time of the year for every B-School aspirant. Most of those who landed with IIM and other B-School calls, have woken up to the fact that they will be questioned are asked to write about issues that are relevant and current. To make their life a little easy, I am collating the resources of Information, Analysis and Features that I usually go through. Hope this compendium will be of value for each to prepare for Interviews, Written Ability Test, Analytical Writing, Group Discussions etc.
Blogs and Websites of significance
a. social issues
b. Economic Issues
- World economic issues, detailed analysis and research https://rwer.wordpress.com/
- World Economic Forum, reshaping the world World Economic Forum
- Old blog not updated since 2011. Still very good http://indianeconomy.org/
c. Environment Issues
- Greenpeace International
- National Geographic – Environment
- Nature Magazine
- Not updated since Feb 2015 http://www.globalissues.org/
Here is the list of OUSTANDING MAGAZINES and NEWSPAPERs that featured a variety of issues of relevance. You can access the archives of past fifty years and beyond in most of these cases.
- For Current Issue : FRONTLINE
- For Archives with outstanding cover issues : FRONTLINE Archives
B. Business Standard’s Take-TWO : Archives TAKE-TWO
- For the Current Issue : caravanmagazine
- For Archives, to go through interesting issues Caravan Archives
D. Economic and Political Weekly
- For the current Issue : EPW
- For the Archives : EPW Archives
I shall add a few more, as I keep exploring….
My Advisory to all
Kindly brows the twitter for accounts that cover your area of interest and follow. Check your twitter stream for updates, a few times every day. You will be surprised to find very interesting articles. I do it all the time.
I advise each one of you to buy a ream of A4 sheets (500 pack), file it in a box file, assign a few pages for every issue of relevance – say
a. Indian Economy,
b. World Economy
c. Indian Industry,
d. Business Houses,
e. Financial Markets
h. NDA’s various schemes unveiled etc.
i. Indo-Pak Relationship
k. Judicial Activism – Indian Issues of significance
o. My Area of Interest
As you read, make sure that you pick the salient points and quickly scribble in the corresponding section of this file. In a couple of weeks this will become invaluable source that you can refer to before every selection process.
If this article is of value to you, kindly share with friends who will also get benefited. Let us be good humans first.